Frequently Asked Questions
My business is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides me with the online platform that allows me to sell my products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by Carolyn Morgan adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
To provide a great experience for your visitors and customers.
To identify your registered members (users who registered to your site).
To monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of Wix's platform.
To ensure our platform is secure and safe to use.
What medium do you use for your original paintings?
I work mainly in oil on canvas, and watercolours, inks and pencils on paper. Further details will usually be listed with each piece.
Are your paintings framed?
Most work is on stretched canvas and is unframed in the traditional sense; many people prefer this modern look and it means it can be shipped without costing you more. You can choose the type of frame you love when you have the painting with you – it’s easier to decide that way! A slimline box frame looks great on a canvas and adds to its physical presence on a wall. Paintings on un-stretched canvas are rolled and posted in a tube. Details of how to manage this type of work will be included with each painting. Please contact me if you would like further advice or have any questions – stretching and framing is an art in itself!
Will my painting be ready to hang?
Yes, all paintings on stretched canvas will come with the picture cord already fixed and ready to hang. You just need to decide where!
Purchasing with a deposit
Some original paintings are available for you to purchase in stages. As the value of my work grows I understand this can be a helpful option. You can check out with a 50% deposit payable online today. The balance can be paid in full, or payable in 2 monthly payments of 25% each. Options will be emailed to you. By purchasing you understand that this is a deposit to secure your artwork and you will be required to pay the remaining balance before the painting is shipped. This is not a credit scheme, but an arrangement on trust, at no extra cost to you. Usual shipping costs and return policy will apply.
Can I purchase your work with a different payment plan?
Yes, that can be arranged. For any work over $1000 you can pay in instalments. Please send me a message and we can work out an arrangement that suits you. As soon as the final payment is made, your work will be shipped to you.
How much is shipping?
Shipping costs depend on where you are in the world and weight of protective packaging. Please contact me by email for an exact quote.
My painting I wanted has sold – how can I be sure to know about new work?
Some pieces sell very quickly. Make sure you join my mailing list to find out about new work before it is added to the Shop. But, as I try not to bombard you with emails, you can also follow studio progress on Instagram or Facebook to see work coming up.
How will my painting be wrapped?
It depends on size, but paintings will be carefully packed, bubble wrapped and protected by cardboard. Each painting is unique so I take care that is well protected to arrive in perfect condition.
Do you do special commissions?
I am interested in new commissions but you need to be absolutely sure you like my style. You also need to provide all information requested without exception. Once completed, a commissioned painting can’t be rejected because you've changed your mind or someone close to you doesn't like it. If this occurs, please contact me and we'll discuss options.
If you like my style but you are worried about the risk of commissioning a specific piece, it's best to look at available paintings first as one of these may be perfect for you!
What if my piece arrives damaged?
All work is carefully packed and wrapped. If you receive a work that has been damaged in transit, please contact us within 7 days and if possible keep a photograph.
What about Overseas Returns?
At this time we are unable to offer a refund or return on any product(s) sent outside of Australia.
What if it arrives and I don’t like it?
I want you to be fully happy with your new artwork so I offer a Buy-Back agreement.
If a piece is not as you expect, you have 7 days to contact me by email and request a refund. Once a return has been agreed, you are responsible for packing and arranging return delivery using the same service it was sent to you. Once the piece has been safely returned we will refund your payment within 14 days. Payment is refunded minus the cost of shipping and PayPal fees.
Terms and Conditions:
• All copyright is retained by the artist, Carolyn Morgan. Artwork must not be resold or reproduced without the artist’s written permission.
• Every care has been taken to show the work as accurately as possible with regard to size and colour. The image you see may be different due to slight variation between browsers, devices and screen settings. Any variation between the image represented and the actual artwork is not deemed a fault and such inconsistencies will not be a valid reason for return.
• Security of Data: We will take all reasonable care, in do far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure. We use a secure external payment process. In the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when ordering from the website.
We reserve the right to:
• Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you; you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website.
• Change these conditions from time to time; your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check to determine whether the conditions have been changed.
Any order placed through the website is not binding until the work has been despatched. Artwork listed may be withdrawn from sale at any point by the artist for reasons such as, but not limited to, sale elsewhere or withheld for exhibition display.